Monday, 16 April 2012

A Home Visit

I headed up t'North this weekend to go to the British Craft Trade Fair (BCTF) in Harrogate on Sunday. As it's a rather long journey from Dorset I stopped off for the night at my parents in Nottingham. They still live in the village where I grew up (they've lived in 3 houses in the village so far, the current one they built themselves) and it's always lovely to spend some time there, however short. 


The village only has about 100 houses and a church (no shop and crucially, no pub!) but I love it :) I also got to see the family dogs which is a treat, especially as Jim is getting on now; but he is 15 so he's had a good innings so far. I'll put some more up about the fair in another post but for now here's some pics from sunny Thrumpton.


Meg, our forever eager Border Collie

Action shot of my Dad!

The beautiful Thrumpton Hall, I was so lucky to grow up with free reign of the estate

Old boy Jim

Meg posing infront of the Ice House

Conker Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment